Thursday, July 10, 2008

Cinnamon-Spiced Pecans

These are so yummy! You kind of think of the fall and winter time because of the spices used. But I love them anytime of the year!

1 egg white
2 T cold water
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. allspice
1/4 t. cloves
1/8 t. nutmeg
1/2 t. salt
4 cups pecan halves

Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Mix water and egg white in gallon sized zip-lock bag add 4 cups pecans and shake in bag until all are coated well. Mix dry ingredients together and pour over nuts in bag, shake and coat them all well. Spread them out in a single layer on large sheet cake pan or cookie sheet covered in parchment paper. Bake for 30 minutes. Carefully turn nuts over and bake another 30 minutes. Cool completely and store in an airtight container.

1 comment:

Julie Carroll said...

I just noticed your cook book link... I love it! I always need new ideas. Thanks for sharing.